ISLAMABAD: Pakistan strongly condemns extra-judicial killing of two more Kashmiri youth in staged “cordon-and-search” operation in Pulwama district of the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
In a statement on Monday, Foreign Office Spokesperson Asim Iftikhar said that killing spree of Kashmiris by Indian Occupation Forces in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir intensifies after sentencing of Hurriyat Leader Yasin Malik’s in contrived and one-sided case.
He said the martyrdom of nine Kashmiris in just the last four days, including two in Anantnag, three in Baramulla district, and four in Pulwama districts of IIOJK, is highly condemnable and part of the unabated brutal campaign of oppression against the Kashmiris.
He said more than 609 innocent Kashmiris have so far been martyred by the Indian occupation forces in staged encounters, since India’s illegal and unilateral actions of 5 August 2019.
He said Indian Occupation Forces have stepped up extra-judicial killings of Kashmiris, particularly targeting Kashmiri youth, following the malafide conviction and sentencing of Hurriyat leader Yasin Malik in a grossly suspicious and contrived case.
He said Pakistan reiterates its call on the international community to hold India accountable for its gross and systematic violations of human rights in IIOJK.
Asim Iftikhar said that Pakistan also urges the international community to play its role in facilitating a just and peaceful resolution of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute in accordance with the relevant UN Security Council resolutions and the wishes of the Kashmiri people, for durable peace and stability in South Asia.